Thank you for inquiring about our services. IF you need to know more WHY we ask this, pls refer Why you NEED to answer this questionnaire and Why A Blog, Why a WordPress blog. Or get started on this page, now!
ANSWER this questionnaire. Pls spend more than 15 minutes! More thorough your answers, the more accurate the estimate and the better results. Did someone tell you could get a site up in 10 minutes? Hmm …. if it were that easy, don’t you think everyone would be successful online? Doesn’t work that way …. Oh, if you want a plain vanilla layout, sure, that’s a 10 minute gig. You want that or customization?
Must know SCOPE of project to discuss budget, time frame, design, and other details PRIOR to starting.
- What are your goals?
- Do you have a current site? If yes, domain address/url:
- Do you have a website, but want to add a blog?
- We suggest recreating your site as both a blog/site as one! Better for your clients, customers and you. If you insist only adding a blog, we can do that too.
WHY SO MANY QUESTIONS BEFORE STARTING?
- We can’t start, nor finish, without this info! I can’t tell you how many people tell me, ALL the time, they WISH someone insisted they thought about, focused upon, and provided info FIRST before dealing w/creating a site. Esp if they hired someone!
- How can anyone provide an accurate cost, time-frame, look or feel without knowing YOUR goals? YOUR mission? YOUR CONTENT? YOUR market? YOUR audience?
- FOCUS or FAILURE.
- After the blog/site is completed, YOU are responsible for the blog/site. We are done. Like driving a car off the lot. Stay involved for the whole process, starting here. You’ll be glad!
- Do not supply us w/private user name, password until after we agree on project goals, cost, time frame.
- IF you don’t have a site, or domain name, or webhost, we will work with you to set that up.
We recommend our webhost.
- IF you insist on staying with your current webhost, additional charges will more than likely occur if difficulties installing or using your webhost. We have worked with many webhosts since 1995. Not all are created equal. Some offer limited features and tech support.
- We cannot guarantee the live site we create on our server can be easily replicated on your webhost server IF using another webhost. Some webhosts do not update their settings, which causes problems for their clients.
- PLUS some very well-known webhosts are prone to hackers.
- Do you have one or more domains registered? If yes, indicate domain name(s) for new site. Several domain names to point to one domain, if you want ….
- Where is your domain registered? Domain registration is often different company than webhost:
- User name for domain registration: * yes or no
- Password for domain registration: * yes or no
- Email account for domain registration: * yes or no
IF you have an existing WordPress site, but want it redesigned or updated:
- Web address/url to login: * yes or no
- Administrator Name: * yes or no
- Administrator password: * yes or no
IF you have a current site, we need your login info to easily access images, vid, text, etc:
- Name of web host company:
- Web address/url for the web host Cpanel: * yes or no
- User name: * yes or no
- Password: * yes or no
- FTP info, ftp.xxx, plus user name and password. Pls verify FTP with your webhost: * yes or no
Do you have a current webmaster?:
- IF you have info, but your webmaster is still involved, we cannot proceed without eliminating that person.
- Excluding current webmaster must be agreed upon between yourself or team and our team prior to our moving forward.
- Often, current webmasters refuse to share info.
- That prevents us from working with you.
- Often, webmasters (designed/maintained site) also host the site. Best to move everything away, esp if having problems.
- User names for your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other sites:
- SMO icons can be posted, but ONLY if you provide your user information upfront:
Time-frame, Decision-makers, etc:
- What is your time frame for creating or updating your website or blog?:
- How many people are involved in the decision-making regarding your site? You? Your supervisor, co-workers, a board or what?:
- ARE THEY IN AGREEMENT for this project?:
We cannot proceed without everyone involved in agreement to move forward and to respond in a timely manner. That means THREE days response to any phone call/email/discussion requesting input, data, feedback, etc.
Site info: THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL.
- List some of your favorite sites and why:
- What do you want YOUR site to look like, using REAL sites as examples. Don’t have any? FIND SOME. Now.:
- If you have a site, what do you like about your site?:
- If you have a site, what do you dislike about your site?:
- Color, typefaces, art: what do you like, dislike, want?:
- Do you have TEXT?:
- Does this text need to be copied from an existing site of yours?:
- If yes, HOW MANY pages?:
- Do you or someone know how to copy HTML coded text, not just the text displayed to the public?:
- Links for all referenced sites, businesses, individuals, products, WITHIN your site and outbound linking to other sites?:
- Copywriting, formatting, editing (typos, spelling and more), creating content will be subject to additional charges. You either provide ALL the content, or we will do so, for a fee.
- Do you have images for your site?:
- If yes, HOW MANY images:
- Are they sized for posting?
- Do you or others know how to size images for posting? Usually 72 dpi and no more than 500-600 pixels wide or tall, depending upon layout?
- Are you or others making the time to prep the images? Additional charges will be added for ALL imaging work!:
- Do you need a Logo for your site or business?
- Do you have audio or video ready to be posted?:
- We subcontract to others to compress video for posting IF yours needs work before posting. Please indicate if ready to post or not:
Miscellaneous but necessary information:
- Do you send out newsletters?:
- Do you have a system or procedure to create/maintain mailing list(s)?:
- If so, what procedures? Who is involved?:
- Do you use a commercial newsletter service like Constant Contact, NamasteLight, aWeber, MailChimp, Emma or ?:
TRAINING: we provide some training, and some tips posted, but you might require additional training. You cannot expect hours and hours of free personal training, via phone, email or skype without a training contract.
- Do you need training re updating your site?:
- Training needed to create emails, newsletters?:
Advertisers and Affiliate Links:
- If using Google Adsense or ANY advertisers, and/or Affiliate Marketing, do you have ALL login and contact information?:
- Name of companies, contact person, phone number, YOUR login info, all of that NOW? If we have to figure that out, you will be charged.
After the client and designer/programmer come to an agreement as to what the client needs/wants, a contract will be written so both sides are clear as to goals and promises.
We will require information from the client at the beginning of the job, and throughout the process. We need client’s input and feedback.
- Often we are missing information, perhaps images or text or product information. Therefore we request the majority of the content prior to starting any website.
- We will periodically ask the client for feedback, to be sure we are designing per the client’s needs and requests.
- We cannot promise delivery on the agreed date if the client takes days or weeks to respond to our inquiries for more information or approval of certain steps.
- The project might slip past its due date, and additional charges could apply.
If the client requests changes after discussions, emails agreeing to certain steps, additional charges will occur.
VITAL the client responds to emails, discussions in a timely and accurate manner. Do you agree?
This is a standard business arrangement. We strive to serve you, but if we are unable to move forward because of the client, the terms might change.
We ONLY work with successful, motivated, FOCUSED individuals or businesses who realize this is a TEAM effort.
Much Success to ALL of Us! The Best is Yet to Come!